New position in the MKL team (Intel)
In this position, you will be a software engineer on the Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) team. You will work on developing and supporting the library service functions and infrastructure as well as on implementing optimized algorithms for the latest Intel architectures in the areas of linear algebra and FFTs. Your challenge will be to provide library engineering and to develop functions which are highly efficient and scalable. You will be required to present the results of your activities internally and possibly at external conferences and events
You must possess a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Computational Mathematics.
Additional qualifications include:
- Extensive programming experience in C and FORTRAN, some expertise in Java*, C++ and C#. Knowledge of scripting languages: perl, python, bash
- Internals of Windows/MacOS/Linux especially related to library conventions/linking/etc, memory management, development tools. Knowledge of platform specific API"s (threads/processes/synchronization, loader), ABI"s, formats of libraries, calling conventions for MS/GNU/Intel C/C++/Fortran will be additional advantage.
- Parallel programming - pthreads, OpenMP, MPI
- Prior experience with software development tools: make, scons, svn, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication English skills - intermediate level or higher
- A general knowledge of various computer architectures. An in-depth knowledge of Intel architectures, x86 assembly language and GPGPUs will be an added advantage